Sunday 8 September 2013

L'incontro....hello baby....

Clipart Leo Blanchette:
 http://clipartof.com/13196
Anyone who knows me knows I LOVE LOVE Andrea Bocelli. I can't go see him without ending up with a tear in my eye. There are two songs that I love for their sentiment/ words rather than
necessarily being my actual favourites musically.
This is certainly one I never imagined I would ever sense myself....and yet now I am 39 weeks and 3 days pregnant I find it very meaningful :)
He sings it in Italian (my other fave he sings all in Italian) but this one starts with a poem, read by Bono of U2 and it goes:

L'incontro
While like a giant, proud and happy,
I take my baby in my arms, fragile, innocent, and alive
And like a little bird he's pushing against my chest
Abandoned, quiet and safe, for an instant, almost sweetly
My destiny appears to me like a dream

And I see myself, old and surrendered,
Seated there near the coalfire,
Waiting for the evening with the anxiety of a child,
Just to see him coming back home
With the gift of his smile, of his words and kindness
It's like a promise that can solve the enormous joy
Of one of his caresses

Then I wake up and I have already forgotten
But inside of me the kid's trapped soul advises me
That his new born child is already more important to me
than that of my own life....


No comments: