Sunday 27 April 2008

I want one of these!!!

I was down at Claire's shop, Landbaby, in the Bluecoat Liverpool and
late afternoon one of the new designers Claire's got in the shop came in.
I can't remember her name but she has set up SewSew as her business and she makes the most amazing things.

She sells them at Claire's shop and online on Etsy, which is a kind of ebay for deisgners and makers to sell their stuff.
http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5752278

My fave is this guy the Ninja, I am well getting one of these. She has a yeti one, a dinosaur one and a Mr Mushroom one, plus..a Batman one.

Her handmade bags are also amazing. It's made me think about what Little Satsuma does and how maybe we should branch out into selling small local companies/ designers stuff, such as this. It's top quality, it's handmade with care, love and attention. We all share the same ethics and we all have a passion for handmade things that keep skills and trades that many more people had years ago, things we shouldn't lose.

Anyway I am sure there is more to follow on this one. I am going to put a plan together and have a think!

xx



No comments: