Wednesday 16 November 2011

Sunny chops.....the new member of the satsuma family

I'm still chuckling from Saturday that Chris (my friend's husband) thought I'd named Little Satsuma as I was called Jane Satsuma....which to be fair most people tend to call me these days...amongst other things!

Anyway TJ, my house rabbit who I got in September 2010 was getting miserable, so we snippety snipped him and began a quest to find him a nice girlfriend who was about the same size as him....most rescue centres were innundated with boys...because people keep the girls for breeding, which upsets me. When you see how many of these little furry chaps are in rescue centres no-one should be breeding anymore - it's wrong.

Anyway so we found a little girl on RSPCA website rehoming search - she was called Lolly and was in North Wales, Bryn y Maen, and I went to see her one weekend in February. She had an awful start in life and been taken out of a house with many other animals. I don't know what had happened to her but she was very timid and very beautiful. I loved her as soon as I saw her, she was like TJ but black.

I passed all the checks and was allowed to get her two weeks later, when TJ had settled from his snip. She had been sharing with another little chap called Frankie (just paired the day before I saw her) but he has a new mate now thank goodness as I felt awful, I'd have taken him too if I hadnt had TJ.

It took 3 weeks to bond them, most of which I spent the evening in the hallway whilst they fought for domination, then one day I came home and TJ had done a super high jump over the boundary fence to go see her....and now they are inseparable.

I firmly believe that pets should not be left in the garden and forgotten about.....treat them with love and affection and you'll get hours of fun and entertainment with them.

The picture is of Lolly's first summer trip in the vicarage garden...she took a while to come out and was very scared, but half an hour later she was eating grass, throwing herself around and kicking here legs in the air. I think it was the first time she'd felt sunshine on her little chops.

All any creature needs is loving care and freedom. Mine live in little beds, well Lolly actually ate her first three beds as she destroyed everything when she first came to live with us, and they are, I hope, happy as larry...whoevere larry is! xxx

No comments: