Sunday 21 October 2012

A race to the end....

I have become rather good sort of pen pal friends with one of my very first customers, we often email each other on various animal issues, campaigns and chew the fat on life in general at times. We still haven't managed to meet up at the various stalls and meet & greets she does, but hopefully will soon.

She helped with some ideas when I was wondering how to build my plinth dress from chicken wire and recycled stuff.

She fosters greyhounds for www.erinhounds.co.uk, we did a collection at work of dog goodies, materials and stuff for raffle prizes for them, and the work they do is fantastic.

Her foster dog, Dee, (pictured above) is finally off to her new home next week which is such good news as she had been with her a fair while and is a beautiful dog who deserves a loving home.

She sends me links and posters sometimes, which I always email on to my animal loving bods, but I thought ooh I can ftp them up to my web and link to them. So I am testing doing it....if you click this pdf link below...it's an example of some of the doggies they have saved.

Click here: Erin Dogs Poster: Please give me a nice home :)

They make great pets as they only need two twenty minute walks a day, many can live with cats, are hypoallergenic for asthma sufferers and are clean , quiet and calm and live 12- 15 years.


Many greyhounds bred for racing never even make it to the track and are 'disposed of' at less than 2 yrs old. If they do race and manage to make it to 'retirement' when they aren't wanted they end up at markets being sold on, or if they don't sell they get killed or in fact other things I can't write because it makes me too sad. Sadly in man's own race for money and man's greed these poor furry chaps get a very raw deal.

Erin Hounds also help Irish lurchers who face neglect and disposal, having been used for " field sports" and breeding.


So in the spirit of "Don't breed or buy whilst animals die" we thought we'd blog about the great work Erin Hounds do and do some tweets too to let people know there are some great ex-racers there looking for a home :) xxx 




No comments: