Thursday 29 September 2011

I've done it!! Mission Fundraising accomplished

We counted the pot of money we've been collecting and it's meant I've reached my target for Marathon fundraising!! Woo hoo!!!

I have to raise £750 to go to Bosnia next year and work as a volunteer therapist.

As my employer also will match some (or most of it in fact) this is taking me well over the £1000 mark.

I can't thank the people who've supported me enough, we've been on this running and fundriaising since May and at times it feels like it will never end. Only 1% of people on this earth have ever run a marathon, and it's hard to explain how 'up and down' it can make you, but also how exhilarating it can be to acheive running distances you didnt think you could. It's not even about the distance to me it's about the mental strength and will power that we all have in us and often don't use!

I am going to Bosnia with Healing Hands Network, Sandra who heads it up was good enough to put an article in the charity newsletter this week to rally supporters to come and cheer me on.

In my next post I'm going to post the few words I wrote a while ago about why I wanted to do it: (also on my web link to the sponsorship page http://www.liverpool2bosnia.co.uk)

No comments: