Thursday 8 September 2011

QE2, QE and tears before teatime

I am a writing this to delay having to go out and do my training run (marathon 4 weeks sunday). I drove to work today and the new QE2 (or is it 3??) was in - and then I read a financial headline about how Bank of England were debating QE2 today and I was so confused by 11am at why the B of E were debating the arrival of a cruiseliner in Liverpool I had to research and realised it was Quanititve Easing discussions in light of current economic conditions! Mystery solved Watson!

And anyway now I am hear, in the hallway a broken woman - it's finally got me - heaps of running clothes to wash, running in the rain and dark...and I'm not ashamed to say I cried because 9th October seems so fara away still and I, and my fellow buddies, are all facing the fear that we will fail. And it's a horrible feeling. People have sponsored you, people are coming to see you, the printers is doing my running vest tomorrow for the big day and I'm really scared. It's irrational really but that's us humans for you!

On a grand old note I've now raised £500 which Deutsche Bank will match so that's £1000 quid with still lots of sponsorship yet to come in! It will make a difference in Bosnia and that is what I think of on these dark days. I'm healthy, I'm safe, I've a home and my family and friends. I'm lucky. So I'm going to kick my sorry ass into touch and get out there! Vive la nuit! Vive la pluie! Vive well vive getting home into a hot bath and snoozing into a rather dreary Thursday evening.

1 comment:

Jane H said...

here not hear! eek to bad grammar! innit!